The UC-HBCU Initiative
The UC-HBCU Initiative Summer 2020 Fellowship will provide up to four fully funded awards for participation in a six-week instructional introduction to ancient Greek (language), offered by the Classics Department at UCSB (The University of California at Santa Barbara). The course will run from June 24 to August 3, 2020, and will earn 4 transferable credit hours.
In addition to a $3000 stipend, the fellowship includes:
• summer course tuition remission
• transportation to/from Santa Barbara
• room and board for 6 weeks at UCSB, and
• fee waiver when applying to graduate schools (in any PhD program) within the entire UC system
Moreover, successful PhD program applicants will receive:
• five full years of financial support (tuition and stipend) within the UC system
We encourage all students intending to pursue a PhD in any graduate field to apply. Eligible students should currently be enrolled at Howard University. To apply, complete this application form.
For full consideration, please submit your application materials by 15 November 2019 to Dr. Alexander Tulin (Chair, Department of Classics) at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit directly to the Dept. of Classics (254 Locke Hall). Please be sure to obtain signed or emailed confirmation of your submission.
Review of applications will begin on this date and continue until all positions are filled.